Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My saying

In my counrty, Taiwan, actually we dont have such kind of culture in gravestone. However, I have never considered this interesting question before. But now, I start thinking about this question: what words will be written on my gravestone? There were something happened to my friends and me recently or before. Sometimes I thought about that it is hard to be a human! What do you guys think of this ridiculous question, even though you have been a human since you were born? And also I read a article of business last night, it states about negotiation and conflict management.I was touched by a topic, ACCEPT WHAT YOU CANT CHANGE! When I saw that at the first time, I thought it is a negative idea. However, when I saw the reading carefully again and again, I found I was wrong, and I thought it could be my saying on my gravestone.

Being humen is a difficult and complex lesson for us to learn. I could not imagine why we could not do ourselves, most of time we needed to take care of other people's feeling. I think we should accept what we cant change, instead of trying to change that. Before we accept something we cant change anymore, we had better make sure that we did our best or not. I think I will choose this sentence to be the words which will be written on my gravestone because I want to remind my friends that we will not be allowed to get everything we want. In other words, no one is perfect, nothing has to be what you imagine. On the other hand, we can feel happy in our life because of the comparisons and regrets. So I think when we get in troubles or something we cant control, all we have to do is take it easy, dont make ourselves seek or achieve everything.

What will you do when you cant accept something that you could not change? I hope my faith can provide you another way to consider!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. This idea has been lifted up in many generations I know of a famous prayer that states;

    "O God and Heavenly Father,

    Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed;courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other, through Jesus Christ our Lord,

    Amen."

    ReplyDelete