Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Country's Flag

Everyone's country has its flag, so does mine. Have you ever seen Republic of China's flag? It is composed of three colors, red, blue, and white. Red means freedom, blue means justice, and white means humanity. And there is a sun which has twelve triangles and a circle. Those twelve triangles present that there are twelve units (twenty-four hours) in a day, and the circle presents that time keeps going, so does our country.
When I was a elementary school student, my teacher taught us a lot about flag. She thought every citizen should have sense about that. However, at that time, I was a child that I did not care about my nationality. But now, as growing up day by day, I realized the flag that is important for a country. In other words, it is kind of personalities of a person. So if you can understand what it does say, you will be more confident to introduce others about your country. Additionally, I was always touched by seeing our flag show in the national competition, especially we got a prize in front of the world. It made other country know more about that Republic of China is existing.
Why does a country need its flag? I think that the country's flag is a symbol of spirit, a faith, a belief. Each flag has its particular meaning to their country. Besides it was always given their historical story. If you know much about your country's history, you may find some interesting connections with flag. Now I have already known it and adored it. It is your turn to introduce your country's flag to us!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you sentiments about the Flag. Though, at first I was confused, I forgot that Taiwan is also called the people's republic of China.

    ReplyDelete